Welcome to our second health and fitness blog entry from guest blogger Nikki, founder of Life's A Gym!
We know time and energy are hard to find when there’s so many other things going on.
But, if you are able to give your body a little bit of TLC it will reward you immediately with small things that can make getting through your day just that little bit easier!
TIP 1: GOAL SETTING
- So the first step is to know and define what you want to achieve. Make time to create a short list of goals for the next 1-3 months.
- Make these realistic and write them down.
- Take into account how much free time you have (be realistic).
Example short term goals (1-3 months):
- Increase general fitness level - cardio, flexibility & “inner strength”
- Add some new easy healthy meals to your cooking repertoire (great easy recipes coming in the next few blogs)
- A personal goal towards study or other personal fitness goal
Once you have decided what your first set of goals are, here’s some tips for success:
- List the usual situations that may happen to distract you from your goals and write them down.
- Take small steps - don’t expect too much too fast.
- Don’t allow interruptions if possible - This is your time -YOU ARE ON A MISSION (that includes rest)
- Do something you are good at and enjoy – i.e. find a sport like swimming, walking, basketball, surfing, stretching or anything you love that involves movement and exercise. Make sure you check with your doctor first to get the green light on exercise.
- Reach out for support- If you need to, get support from friends and family members around you. Let them know that this is important to you and you need a little extra support at times - If you goal is to take time to improve your fitness by walking, why not ask one of your mates to walk with you once a week?
- Listen to your body - if you are tired rest, relax and eat healthy.
Setting goals is a great way to achieve what you what. Remember, if you stick at it and are realistic in what you want to achieve, it won't happen over night but it will happen!