If you are less than 15 years old, we would like to be sure that your parent or guardian agrees to your use of this website on the terms set out below. Take a moment now to check with them, because we need you to confirm that it is OK with them before using the site and before signing up for the ‘my profile’ section. If you would like to discuss your options about this with us, please email email@example.com
Now What is here to help you connect with other young people living with cancer (YPLWC), as well as to provide you with useful information. We encourage you to use this place to your advantage so you can make contact with other YPLWC all over Australia, however there are some terms and conditions which you must read carefully and agree to abide by when visiting, joining or using the Now What site at www.nowwhat.org.au. By using this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept them, you must not use this website.
The website is owned and operated by CanTeen, the Australian Organisation for Young People Living with Cancer ABN 77 052 040 516 (CanTeen), which has its National Office at Level 6, 235 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000.
We hope the information provided on this website is useful and answers your questions about CanTeen, ‘Now What’ and more specifically about young people living with cancer. The information has been written by CanTeen staff. Care has been taken to ensure that the information provided by CanTeen is correct and as up-to-date as possible, and user contributions are regularly reviewed by CanTeen staff. CanTeen does not however accept any liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information, and cannot guarantee that inappropriate content will not be added. If you believe that information on this site is inaccurate or inappropriate, please notify Now What immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (02) 9262 1022.
The information provided by CanTeen is for general information only and is prepared without taking into account any person’s individual needs. The information, including any psychosocial and medical information, and information provided by users must not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with health professionals.
Signing-up to ‘my profile’ and security of passwords
When signing up to Now What at http://nowwhat.org.au/sign_up you should choose a log-in user name and password that does not identify you in any way.
Once you have it, you must not disclose your user name or password to anyone. Please keep it secure so that it is not copied or used by anyone other than you. This is for your safety, so that people who are not members of Now What do not get access to your account. Please notify the Now What by email at email@example.com or phone at (02) 9262 1022 if you think that another person may have used your user name or password. Once we know this we will deactivate your user name and password and will create a new one for you.
Commenting and Posting Guidelines
Information about you
When you register on the site, your log-in user name and password should not identify you in any way. When you add any content to the site, or send messages to others, please do not give out your telephone number or physical address, or include any personal information about anyone else without their permission.
Remember that the information you add to Now What, or give to others, (like any information on the Internet) may be accessible to anyone at anytime, and you may not be able to delete it later, because others may have already copied it or forwarded it to others.
Information about others
You must not post any photos or any other information about anyone else without their express permission. Only post photos of yourself and friends or family members who have give you permission to do so.
Don't give advice. Now What is a place for YPLWC to talk to each other and share their experiences, but you must not use it in place of medical and counselling services.
This is not a place to discuss any thoughts, feelings or behaviours around issues like self harm and suicide. If you need further support around these issues please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or KidsHelpLine on 1800 55 1800.
If a monitor of Now What becomes aware that a member may be at risk of harm from another person, or to themselves through suicide or self harm, then they may report this behaviour to the appropriate protection unit. If you are worried that another user of the site may be at risk in this way, you can report this confidentially to the Now What monitor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (02) 9262 1022 so that action can be taken to seek to help that user.
This website is not the place to act inappropriately or show any inappropriate behaviours including:
- personal abuse including abuse based on sex, religion, culture, race or sexuality
- posting images or conversations that could be in any way offensive, harmful or hurtful to yourself or others.
You must not use this website, nor submit, post or upload any content to the site in any way which we think:
- breaches any law or regulation, infringes our or anyone else’s rights (including privacy rights), breaches any standards, content requirements or codes promoted by any relevant authority;
- may be, or may encourage conduct that may be, unlawful, threatening, abusive, depicting violence or sexual activity, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or indecent, dangerous or otherwise inappropriate;
- may, or may encourage conduct that may, bully, harass, menace, threaten, abuse, put-down, offend or embarrass anyone;
- contains instructions in crime or drug use;
- infringes the copyright, moral rights, confidentiality rights or intellectual property rights of any person, for example, by reproducing songs, poems, articles, logos, trade marks, pictures, photos, music or other material that is not owned by you (or which you do not have a license to reproduce on the site); or
- may contain a virus or other code that may have harmful or destructive properties;
We may, at any time, without notice to you, edit, filter, remove or refuse to post any content which we consider in our absolute discretion to be inappropriate. We may also terminate your membership and/or suspend your access to the site in our absolute discretion and may refer the conduct or content to relevant law enforcement or regulatory authorities for further action. By submitting content to Now What, you allow CanTeen to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publish, display and broadcast that material on this site as well as in any promotional or communication activities of CanTeen conducted in Australia or overseas. You also indemnify CanTeen for any loss or damage it may suffer as a consequence of any breach by you of these terms.
Content on this website
You may download material from this website and print a copy for your own personal non-commercial use, provided that you do not remove any copyright or trade mark notices contained on that material.
All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in this website and its contents are owned or licensed by CanTeen. Except as expressly permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and these terms, you must not reproduce, modify or adapt this website or its contents.
You acknowledge that these terms do not transfer any intellectual property right to you in this website or its contents.
Any information you add to Now What, or give to others, including content added to the ‘my profile’ section (like any information on the Internet) will be accessible to all users and may be accessible to anyone at anytime. You may not be able to delete it later, because others may have already copied it or forwarded it to others.
Security of information
We cannot guarantee against any loss, damage, alteration or misuse of the content, and will not be responsible for any harm that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any loss, damage, alteration, use or misuse of content posted to the site.
You are solely responsible for any content or material which you post or upload on the site, or which is posted by another person using your user name or password. CanTeen excludes all liability (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss, damage or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you arising from content which you post or upload on the site, or which is posted by someone else (whether using your user name or password or otherwise).
You acknowledge that CanTeen:
- is not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), arising out of your use or unavailability of this website, its contents, or any linked websites;
- does not warrant that you will have continuous access to this website;
- makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of any information contained on this website, or the ability of such information to achieve any purpose; and
- is not responsible for any interference or damage to your computer system arising out of your use of this website or any linked websites.
CanTeen excludes from these terms and conditions all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom, except any implied condition, warranty or term the exclusion of which would contravene any statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void (“Non-excludable Condition”).
CanTeen’s total liability to you for breach of these terms and conditions, or for breach of a Non-excludable Condition, is limited, at CanTeen’s option, to any one of:
- resupplying, replacing or repairing the goods;
- paying the cost of resupplying, replacing or repairing the goods;
- supplying again, the services in respect of which the breach occurred; or
- paying the cost of supplying again, the services in respect of which the breach occurred.
Linking to Now What
CanTeen permits and encourages links to content on this website from other websites (“third party websites”). You may provide a link to this website from a third party website, subject to the following conditions:
- we ask that you notify CanTeen of that link;
- you must clearly identify the link to this website as a link to the website of “Now What –your space for taking on cancer”;
- you must regularly check the link to ensure that it remains current;
- you must not provide a link in a manner which disparages the reputation of Now What or CanTeen;
- you must not use the link for your own commercial or fundraising purposes;
- CanTeen reserves the right to cancel its consent to a link at any time and, if requested by CanTeen, you must immediately remove the link to this website ; and
- you acknowledge that CanTeen is not responsible for any information or material contained on any third party website.
Links to other websites
Canteen provides links on this Now What website to other websites that are not under its control (“linked websites”). In relation to linked websites, you acknowledge that:
- CanTeen is not responsible for any content contained on those linked websites;
- CanTeen provides links to linked websites for convenience only and those links should not be construed as an endorsement, recommendation or approval by Now What of those linked websites, or the owners or operators of those linked websites; and
- links to linked websites may not remain current or be maintained.
Changes to these terms and conditions
CanTeen may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately on publication on this website. Your continued use of this website after such notification will constitute your acceptance of the amendment. The date these terms and conditions were last updated is shown at the bottom of this page.*
Termination of access
CanTeen may terminate access to this website at any time without notice. Our limitation of liability will survive any such termination.
These terms and conditions are governed by the law applicable in New South Wales, Australia and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
If you have any questions, queries or for further information, please call CanTeen’s National Office on (02) 9262 1022 or email email@example.com
* Last updated February 2010.